Monday, October 31, 2011

Try Something New: Tabata Drills

You may have noticed something new in the sidebar. -------->

Many of you have been asking about my weekly workouts (I have gotten seriously slack at posting, thanks for the gentle reminders :), so I decided to put it here so you don't have to dig through the posts to find it.

Speaking for workouts, I have been looking for ways to mix up my own exercise regime and I am going to take my own advice.  Every week I will be changing one day of my workout by trying something I have never done before, which will be highlighted in the sidebar.

Pretty exciting, eh?  (There is the Canadian in me coming out :).
 















































The new workout I am trying this week are Tabata Drills.

A form of high intensity interval training (HIIT) that consists of 20 seconds of HIIT followed by 10 seconds of rest.  This is repeated eight times for a total of four minutes.  By performing 4-5 different exercises,  you have got yourself a fantastic 20 minute workout!

Have a look at this clip from BodyRock TV to get a sense of tabata drills if you have never done them before. Make sure you check with your doc before you make any changes to your exercise program.



These  drills are extremely tough, so if you are new to fitness, you may want to hold off until you get a few more workouts under your belt. 


Have you tried tabata drills?  Love them or hate them?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

P.S. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails