Monday, October 17, 2011

Cold Vs. Flu

I had every intention of posting a recipe of the most delicious muffins today, but they were a complete and utter fail.  The taste and texture were just all wrong.

So it is back to the drawing board for me and hopefully I will have a fantastic recipe to share later this week.

I also had every intention of starting this week by tacking my to-do list head on, but now I find myself fighting off the flu.  My list has changed from working, laundry and writing to resting, fluids and oil of oregano.

I have talked before about feeling guilty when we are sick.  My biggest guilt usually revolves around not being able to exercise.

Depending on your illness, it is perfectly fine to do a light workout.  In fact, it might even help you feel better. For me, not today.  I am giving my body the rest it needs, guilt free. 

Today, I thought it would be fitting to talk about the difference between a cold and the flu and some natural treatments you can try. 

Note:  I am not a Naturopath or Doctor.  Remember to check with your health care practitioner if you are unsure about any of of your symptoms and/or before you start any treatment program.



Cold or Flu?
It can often be difficult to determine whether you have a cold, the flu or bothThey are caused by viruses, but colds tend to be shorter in duration and not as severe.  Complications from the flu are more common in children and elderly.  This chart shows some of the differences between the two.

Source

















Natural Treatments
Here are some resources I have rounded up to give you some treatment options and ideas:


What natural treatments work best for you when you have a cold or flu? Do you exercise when you are sick?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails