Friday, October 07, 2011

My 3 Favourite Cookbooks

I love baking.  I love making healthy (and not-so-healthy) treats, playing with recipes and just getting dirty in the kitchen.

I also enjoy cooking and trying to find creative ways to spice up old favourites and try new ingredients. The internet has made doing this easy.  There are over 50 variations on any given recipe on blogs and websites.

However, I prefer to use a good, old-fashion cookbook.  There is just something about opening a book and trying not to get it covered with flour as I try to recreate the gorgeous recipe before me.  I don't have as many cookbooks as I would like and am really working on building up my collection.

Today, I honour the cookbook and am sharing 3 of my favourites. 





































Casseroles, Skillets, Soups, Slow Cooker
This books just screams fall comfort food.  The recipes are simple and delicious.  The images are beautiful and many of the dishes can be made ahead of time.  This cookbook is a fantastic resource and I really think you will love these recipes.















































The Ultimate Cooking with 4 Ingredients
This book has been on my shelf for almost 10 years and is a real life saver when you are looking for something quick and easy to make, but your cupboards are almost bare.  Everything from appetizers and breads to drinks and desserts, four ingredients is all you need.  This book does not have any images, but I don't think they are needed.  When throwing a quick meal together I am not as concerned with presentation.


































Fast and Healthy Recipes
In contrast to the last cookbook, I love this book specifically for the visuals.  For each recipe, they show you all the ingredients you need, give step-by-step instruction with images and then, a picture of the completed meal.  The recipes are fresh, healthy and super easy to prepare.  This is another book that I have had for many years and use often.


Which cookbook would you recommend and why?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails