Saturday, October 01, 2011

9 Rules for Connecting with Brands

I had every intention of blogging from the She's Connected Conference yesterday, when my laptop decided it did not want to be connected to the Internet anymore. (Love the irony.)

Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches, so here I am with a Saturday post!
(Friday favourites will be back next week, I promise.)

At the conference, I made some fabulous new friends, learned from some amazing brands and bloggers, and got some pretty cool swag.

Katia, Morgan, Danna, Me, Megan














The main focus of the conference was to learn how bloggers and brands can work together to form mutually beneficial relationships.  This could include sponsorships, product reviews and revenue for your blog.

The last session of the day involved a discussion of some the main themes of the conference.  It really hit home for me and I thought it might for you too so I wanted to share.


9 Rules for Connecting with Brands

  1. Be authentic, be relevant, be you.
  2. Align your personal brand with professional brands that fit in with your values.
  3. Understand how brands value your service.
  4. Leverage your connections and your community.
  5. Be proactive.
  6. Have patience, work hard and be persistent.
  7. Learn as much as you can about the brands you would like to work with.
  8. Brands must be a part of the conversation.
  9. Follow the golden rule.

Do you work with any brands?  How did you form the relationship?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

P.S.  Don't forget to vote and tell me your favourite way to stay connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails