Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hobbies For Your Health

Did you know that enjoying any leisure activity  is just as important to your well-being as exercise?

Having a hobby is good for your health and here's why:
  • It can help reduce stress and reduce blood pressure
  • It keeps your mind sharp and engaged
  • It fosters a sense of accomplishment
  • It can help you find inner happiness

We often are trying to juggle so many things at once that we forget to do activities simply for the joy of it.  We put hobbies on the back burner using excuses like, "I don't have time" or "I can't afford it." 

I am absolutely guilty of this.

I have been wanting to take a cake decorating course for a few years and (as you know), just recently signed up.  I am loving it so much I am now wondering what took me so long to go for it.

































I am sure that many of you encourage your children to find a hobby.  Now it is time to do the same thing for yourself.  Hobbies make us feel good and give us a well-deserved break from the daily grind.

So, what's your pleasure?  Scrapbooking?  Pottery?  Cooking?  The possibilities are endless.  Here are a few websites I have stumbled across in my travels that may help give you some inspiration.

Discover a Hobby

Not So Boring Life

Find Me a Hobby

Do you have any hobbies?  What are they and why do you love them?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

P.S Check out my guest post on Workout Nirvana today on how to mix up your weight workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails