Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Chocolate (Not-So-Coffee) Cupcakes

Sorry for the late post today.  We were out looking at more cars this morning and alas, are still torn. (You can get in your 2 cents on this post :)

Now, for my funny baking adventure.




















I decided that I really wanted to make something with coffee.  Chocolate and coffee go great together and I you know how much I like cupcakes, so the decision was made.

I found this super yummy recipe, made a few small changes and noticed the batter was still quite thick, so I added some additional sour cream.

As I was scooping them into the tin, I realized that I totally forgot to add the coffee.  Oops.  Just another reason to make them again :)

They are moist and full of chocolately goodness.  Normally I would post the nutritional information, but in the case of indulgences, some things are better left unsaid.  Enjoy.










Chocolate (Not-So-Coffee) Cupcakes (Makes 12)

1 cup whole wheat bread flour
1/2 cup wheat bran
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/ tsp salt
1 1/2 cups low fat sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 flax eggs
12 foil chocolate eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin.

Sift together flour, bran, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Cream together (with a hand held or stand up mixer) sour cream, sugar and eggs.

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix for about 2-3 minutes until smooth and fluffy.

Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full with batter.  Unwrap chocolate eggs and press one into the centre of each cupcake.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Devour immediately. 

Have you baked anything with your Easter goodies?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails