Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Hormone Diet Detox

It is downright hot today and after a weeks and weeks of rain, it is a very welcome change :)

With all my excitement about the #Fitblog Planks Challenge, I totally forgot to mention that I started a detox.

You may remember that the doctor advised me to follow this book (which is fantastic, expect a full review next week).




















Dr. Turner recommends a two week detox, followed by a period in which you slowly re-introduce foods back into your world to see which ones may be a trigger for you. She also suggest supplements that may assist with the process.

It looks something like this:

Foods To Avoid
  • Dairy Products
  • Gluten
  • Corn
  • Certain Oils (Corn Oil, Hydrogenation anything etc)
  • Alcohol and Caffeine
  • Peanuts
  • Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners

Supplements To Take
  • Probiotics
  • Omega 3
  • Tumeric, Dandelion, Milk Thistle for the Liver
  • Flax, Triphala, Marshmallow for the Bowels

    This is a pretty tall order.  I have decided to start the detox gradually so my body can get used to the changes.  This is what works best for me.

    I eliminated dairy, gluten, oils, alcohol and sugar last week.  This week I am nixing the rest and I still have to pick up my supplements.

    I have to tell you that it was tough to give up my beloved yogurt and homemade wheat bread, but the hardest of all was this:

    Goodbye, old friend















    Admittedly, I am feeling pretty good and looking forward to seeing where I am in two weeks time.  I promise to keep you posted!

    To all my gluten and dairy free friends, do you have any fantastic recipes and tips to share?
    Anyone else ever tried The Hormone Diet?


    Stay Healthy,
    Tracy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails