Monday, May 23, 2011

Planks Challenge, Week 2: Partner Up!

I hope everyone had a fantastic long weekend, I know I did.

Just got back from the cottage with the sun, sand, food and family.  Just check out the view!

















 I am so looking forward to when it gets a bit warmer and I can jump into that lake!

Now on to the...


















I managed to get in 2 workouts last week (I was sidelined by the flu) and I could only hold the plank for about a minute.

I didn't quite get to where I wanted to be, but such is life and you have to learn to roll with the punches.

I will be back to my regularly scheduled program tomorrow.  Today, I am enjoying day off :)

But before I go, I wanted to attack this week's planks post topic, and share some of the benefits of partnering up for this (or any) fitness workout.

Motivation
Working out with a buddy keeps you motivated, not only to commit to exercise, but to push yourself harder than you may do on your own.

Support
Sharing similar goals with your partner allows you to be understanding and supportive of each other.  It is also great to have that friend around when you just need a pep talk.

Variety
Sometimes two heads are better than one!  Your partner may approch the exercises differently or use a variation that you would have never thought of your own.  It is a great way to keep your mind and body challenged.

Fun
Working out with a friend can be a fun way to spend time together.  After your session, you can head to the cafe and chat about your day.

Do you like a workout buddy or do your prefer to go solo?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails