Monday, May 02, 2011

PIPES Challenge, Wrap Up and Resolutions Re-Energized

It is the beginning of the month and that can only mean one thing...


















It's time to re-energize those New Year's Resolutions! 


I have to admit that I love my inspiration board, I don't know why I never thought of doing one before.  It is so helpful on those days when I am feeling a little overwhelmed and am not sure how to tackle the day.

Of the 8 goals that I have set, I am pleased to say that I am actively and consciously working towards all of them.  I haven't had to do much tweaking in the last month as they are all still very relevant to me.

Between life commitments and changing needs, it is so easy to let some of your goals fall by the waist side.  
Here are some tips to help keep you motivated and focused:

  • Pick one day a week to review your goals and choose one that you would specifically like to work on
  • Enlist the help of friends and family for support
  • If you don't already have an inspiration board - make one!  It is a fantastic visual daily reminder.
  • Positive thinking can go a long way.  Tell yourself "I will", instead of "I can".

For more tips, check here and here.

Now, for the moment you have been waiting for!











On Friday, I completed the last day of the PIPES Challenge!  It has been an incredible six weeks and I have to thank Morgan @ Life After Bagels for hosting :)

As promised, here is a visual review:
Before the Challenge


 

After 3 Weeks

After 6 Weeks













































 As I mentioned in the last few posts, I opted to press on through the weeks doing a combination of modified and full pushups.

I can definitely see and feel a difference in my entire upper body (and I am so glad because it was hard work!)

It was a fantastic challenge, but I have to admit that I am happy to be going back to my regular routine.  I was suffering from a bit of workout boredom.

Because of the intensity and volume of the pushups, I found it difficult to incorporate other upper body exercises due to fatigue.

However, it was a great learning experience and I will continue to include pushups in my workout regime. 

Have you re-energized your resolutions?
How did you make out with your PIPES?


Stay Healthy,
Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails