Time to break open the P90X!
I know this workout has been out there for a while, but I just got my hands on it and was anxious to give it a try to see what all the hype was about.
What appealed to me about the X Stretch is that it is 60 minutes long. As I mentioned yesterday, it is great to be able to commit more time to stretching and this seemed like a perfect way to do it.
The program is very yoga-based, beginning with sun salutations to warm up the body and then moving through a series of dynamic and static stretches.
What I liked about it:
- The stretches are held for a long period of time
- The variety of moves hit almost every part of the body
- Modifications were giving for different ability levels
What I didn't like about it:
- The music was a bit cheesy
- The flow wasn't great. I like a progression of standing to seating to lying and we were all over the place in this workout
- Tony Horton kept making jokes, at one point he compared one of the participants to The Exorcist! Not really conducive to relaxing
Overall, I liked the stretching, but I am still on the fence about whether or not I like Horton's style and approach. However, I am going keep my mind open and give the more intense workouts a try before I decide.
What do you think of P90X? Which workouts have you tried? Which one should I do next?