Thursday, June 16, 2011

Exercise Review: P90X, X Stretch

In light of my self-proclaimed work in week and yesterday's post on the importance of stretching, I thought I would put Turbo Fire on the back burner (pun intended) this week and try something new.

















 




Time to break open the P90X!

I know this workout has been out there for a while, but I just got my hands on it and was anxious to give it a try to see what all the hype was about.

What appealed to me about the X Stretch is that it is 60 minutes long.  As I mentioned yesterday, it is great to be able to commit more time to stretching and this seemed like a perfect way to do it.


















The program is very yoga-based, beginning with sun salutations to warm up the body and then moving through a series of dynamic and static stretches.

What I liked about it:
  • The stretches are held for a long period of time
  • The variety of moves hit almost every part of the body
  • Modifications were giving for different ability levels

What I didn't like about it:
  • The music was a bit cheesy
  • The flow wasn't great.  I like a progression of standing to seating to lying and we were all over the place in this workout
  • Tony Horton kept making jokes, at one point he compared one of the participants to The Exorcist!  Not really conducive to relaxing
















Overall, I liked the stretching, but I am still on the fence about whether or not I like Horton's style and approach.  However, I am going keep my mind open and give the more intense workouts a try before I decide.

What do you think of P90X?  Which workouts have you tried?  Which one should I do next?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails