Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Exercise Review: Turbo Fire, HIIT 25 and Abs 10

It is going to be ridiculously hot today, like 34 C (that is about 93 F for my American friends) and it seems like a perfect time to bring back Work In Wednesday.

But before I enjoy some "me" time, I wanted to share my experience with my next Turbo Fire workout.




















This was an insanely intense workout from start to finish.  HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is meant to be just that, quick bursts of high energy workouts followed by short periods of rest.

I think I enjoyed the Fire 45 workout more thank this one. I definitely broke and sweat and the 25 minutes just flew by, but it was a bit repetitious and just too bouncy for my liking.

I would like to try the other HIIT workouts in the series to see if Chalene offers more movement variations.

Be aware that this extreme workout may not work for everyone.

Although she does share some lower intensity options, it is still very fast-paced and may be difficult for a beginner to follow.  Again, you may want to start with the EZ series and work your way up.

After the workout, I also gave Abs 10 a try.
















This one I really liked.  Nothing fancy here, just straight up abs exercises like crunches, bicycles and reverse crunches.  For 10 straight minutes, it really gives your core a great workout.

How about it Turbo Fire fans, which workout(s) should I try next?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails