Thursday, June 02, 2011

Exercise Review: Turbo Fire, Fire 45

Before I get to the review, I realized that I forgot to share something with you.














Our new car!  I love it, it's a Honda Fit (very appropriate, don't you think?) and it is as cute as a button.  Great on gas too :)



Let me start off this post by saying that I am not usually a big fan of taking fitness classes, in person or via DVD.  I love teaching classes, but I can never seem to get into them when I am a participant.

However, lately I have been feeling like I need to mix up my workouts.  I am still running and swimming, but I am finding myself itching to try something different.

Enter TurboFire.













I have read about the classes, checked out the website and have heard some raving reviews, so I thought I would open up my mind and give the workout a try.

The Fire 45 Class is a 45 minute cardio workout with kickboxing and dance inspired moves.  The class is very fast-paced (I would recommend starting with the EZ classes if you are new to fitness) and high energy.

It takes place in a studio where the instructor (Chalene) is teaching a classes that you are "part of".  Not the most original location, but I think it got the job done.

The next thing I noticed was the music.  In my experience, music in exercise DVDs can be kind of, well, lame.  Not the case here.  It was fun and easy to move to.

She also does something she calls a "fire drill".  This is a super intense 1 minute drill that involves burpees, jumping jacks and football drills. I was sweating buckets.

Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed this workout and I am looking forward to trying the other ones.  As a trainer and instructor, it was nice to be motivated by someone else instead of doing the motivating. :)

The only thing is would have like to have seen a longer stretching section.  I know that there is a separate stretch program, but when you are crunched for time, it is nice to have it incorporated into the workout.

I will be reviewing more workout from Turbo Fire as I complete them (and promise to take more pics!)

Next up:  Lower and upper body!

Have you tried Turbo Fire?  What do you think of it?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails