Friday, March 18, 2011

3 Ways to Soothe the Body and Mind

We have been blessed with some fantastic weather in Southern Ontario and I am planning on enjoying every minute of it.

Isn't amazing how the sun instantly lifts your mood?

Speaking of mood, I have been finding myself pretty tense lately, so I thought I would share a few of my favourite things that help me to relax and find some inner calm.





















Massage
Getting a massage is on the top of my list.  It has been a while since I have treated myself and my body is telling me that I am long overdue.

There is something wonderful about the way a massage not only relaxes the muscles, but helps to calm the mind and spirit.

There are many different kinds of massage to choose from, anything from Thai to hot stone, so experiment and find out which one is right for you.  My favourite is deep tissue :)














Aromatherapy
If you are a bit skeptical about aromatherapy, don't be. Just think of all the great sensations you feel when you smell freshly baked cookies coming out of the oven.  Scents have the power to energize, invigorate and soothe.

Lavender, chamomile and bergamot are wonderful for relaxation.  Simply add a few drops to a spray bottle with distilled water, to your bath or an infuser.











Music
Listening to peaceful music is a wonderful way to relax.  Put on your favourite chillout music, light some candles, sips some tea and just lay bay back and enjoy.

It is great after a hectic day to help you wind down and prepare the body for sleep.

What are you favourite ways to soothe the soul?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails