Monday, March 28, 2011

PIPES Challenge, Week 2 and Fit Expo Fun

Yesterday, I had the chance to go to a Fit Expo at Xtreme Couture.  For those not who don't live in the T., they are a fitness club that also offers MMA.

A good friend of mine is a member and has been trying to get to me to check it out for a while and I thought this was a great opportunity to see what they have to offer.




















I checked out the club, saw some MMA in action and jumped in a hot yoga class.  It was fantastic.  One of the best ones I have been to and my body thanked me for it.

There were exhibitors for everything from clothing to power bars and protein powders. Speaking of which, I scored a goodie bag with some free samples.


















Like most of you, I prefer to get my nutrients from food, but sometimes we do need a little boost.  I looked at the ingredients of one of the samples and noticed this:



















Artificial sweetener, my friends.  It was in all of the samples I picked up.  As I mentioned in my post, I am not a big fan of the taste (anymore), but I am willing give it a try and let you know what the verdict is.

Now on to the PIPES Challenge update.










I successfully completed Week 1 and it solidified what I already knew:
pushups are one of the toughest exercises out there!

After the second workout, my arms and chest were feeling the damage.  It was nice to have the weekend to rest.

I am starting Week 2 today and I think I am going to alternate between full and modified pushups so I am able to safely incorporate it into my regular workouts.

Have you been to any fitness expos in your area?  
How are my fellow PIPES Challengers doing?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails