Wednesday, March 23, 2011

5 Reasons Why People Love Your Blog

I love blogging.

I started almost 5 years ago, but it was not until recently that I rekindled my love for it and I find myself looking forward to my daily post.

I also read a lot of blogs.  I am sure many of you do too.  I am following about 300 (give or take a few;).

So how did I decide which ones to follow?  What draws someone to your health and fitness blog and makes them come back for more?

I present my top 5 reasons why people love your blog.





















You Get Personal
People follow your blog because of YOU!  They want to know a little bit about your life, your successes and failures.  A blog is a journal, after all.

Now, I am not suggesting that you need to spill all of the family secrets, but you want people to get a sense of who you are and why you are blogging. 

Peas and Thank You is a great example of getting personal.














You Are Visual
A picture can speak a thousand words.  Having fantastic photos on your blog is not only appealing to the eye, but it also supports whatever topic you are blogging about.

The number of pictures you include depends on your personal preference.  I would suggest at least 1-2 in every post to break up the text and help tell your story.

My friend Christine Duncan is a fantastic photographer and you can check out her guest post series for some great tips. 


















You Blog Like No One is Reading
You need to write with passion, not out of necessity.  People will see right through it. 

I blog because I love to share my love for all things health and fitness and if someones want to come along for the ride, that is fantastic!  When everyone sees what a inpiring blogger you are, they will always come back for more.

When you read The Fitnessista, you know she is blogging with passion.



















You Post Regularly
The more often you post, the more people visit your blog.  That being said, you don't need to post daily, but you do have to post consistently.

For example, you could let you readers know that you post 3 times and week and on which days. This way, your readers know when to stop by.  If your readers come back a few times only to find that your blog is not being updated regularly, they may never visit again. 

Lisa Johnson Fitness has great weekday posts.















 You Have Great Content
Content is king!  I find the best health and fitness blogs are the ones that have a theme.

What is your blog about?  Running, weight loss, food?

So not only do you post fantastic tips, stories and pictures, but you don't stray too far away from your blog's purpose.  Many reader are following you because they like what you are talking about.

I read Katy Widrick daily because of her great content.


How do you decide which fitness blogs you follow?
What blogs are your favourite and why?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails