The world just seems like a better place when you feel well rested. For many people, getting 7-8 hours of uninterupted sleep is not an easy task. The pain and your unsettled mind can wake you up at night or prevent you from falling asleep.
As I have mentioned, it it thought that many people who suffer with fibromyalgia and CFS are unable to achieve REM sleeping, making it seem imposible for them to rejuvinate their minds and bodies.
But there is hope.
This post has some fantastic tips and here a few more to add to the list:
- Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine. Especially during the hours before bed. I am all about moderation, but these should really be avoided if you are looking for good, quality sleep.
- Meditate. Take a few minutes every night to practice simple meditation and deep breathing to help wind down and prepare for sleep.
- Soothing Sounds. Run a fan at night or purchase a white noise machine. This will keep your mind focused so you are not distracted or awakened by other sounds.
- Keep it Cool. It is very difficult to sleep if you are too hot. Keep the temperature in your bedroom a bit lower to allow your body to relax.
- Let in the Morning Light. Open your blinds first thing in the morning and let the sun shine in. The light is the signal to the brain that it is time to get up. Exposure to sun light will also keep you stimulated throughout the day.
How do you sleep? Any tips you would like to share?