Monday, March 07, 2011

Work-in Week

The last few weeks have been busy, happy and exhausting.

Starting a business is very exciting, but it quite a task.  You don't quite realize how much there is to do between research, promotion and prepping until you are knee deep in it.

Don't get me wrong, I am beyond thrilled about this new opportunity, but I am finding myself a little stressed on this Monday morning.



To that end, I am extending Work-in Wednesday to the entire week.  That's right.  An entire week devoted to taking care of myself and nourishing my mind, body and spirit.

And I invite you to join me.

Here is what I am going to do.


















  
Yoga
I have modified my workout schedule to include 3 days of yoga practice.  I really find that yoga helps me to be much more mindful of how my body feels and allows me to focus.

I will still include weight training and running in my program this week, but it will will be much more moderate.  I will listen to what my body needs.

















Meditation
I have always struggled with meditation.  I have a very difficult time silencing my mind.  This week, I am going to challenge myself to meditate and chant after my yoga sessions. I know my mind and spirit will thank me for it.



















Reading
I have just started this book (review to come in the next few weeks) and will pledge to read every night for a half and hour before I go to bed.  I have always preferred non-fiction as I like to open my mind to new ideas.

I will also continue with reflective journaling and daily affirmations.

Are you going to join me for Work-in Week?  
Leave a comment stating what you are going to do to take care of YOU.

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails