Friday, April 29, 2011

Embracing Change

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback to yesterday's Q & A on women and strength training, keep the comments coming!

I have talked a lot about stepping outside your comfort zone with exercise and mixing up your workouts.

I don't always follow my own good advice. Especially when it come to cardio.

I have been outdoor running, walking and swimming for over 8 months.  Yesterday, the weather wasn't so hot, so I decided to do something different.  I actually went on this:




















And this:

















I know, I know, I have professed my rocky relationship with cardio equipment and I still prefer the great outdoors, but after my workout I really did feel great.

Sometimes the mind and body need to be challenged in a different way and you need to be open to change.

Change of any kind, can be one of the hardest, yet most rewarding things you can do.  Whether your are trying a new workout, starting a new job (or business :) or moving across the country, we are often hesitant at first to make the jump.

Not all change is positive, but it is the nature of the universe.  We are in a constant state of flux and over the years I have learned to try and embrace it, rather than resist it.

Sometimes change is easy and natural, sometimes it's not.  I look at it an an opportunity for growth.  An opportunity to look within.


















How do you deal with change?  Do you initiate it or wait for it to happen?
 
Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails