Friday, April 15, 2011

Soak Up Some Healthy Sunshine

I tried it!




















The verdict?  It was a bit thick and kind of sweet.  I wasn't a huge fan.  I didn't really like the consistency.  Perhaps I will try a few other brands for comparison and give it another shot :)

I finally got outside this morning for a run (well, interval run) in the sun.  Isn't it amazing how the sun instantly make you feel better?



















Here's why:

  • It is our best source of Vitamin D
  • Light exposure helps to boost our mood
  • The sun helps to enhance our immune system and balance hormones
  • It can help improve skin conditions such as acne and psoriasis














And it is just beautiful :)

No run would be complete without a post-workout smoothie:



















Today's choice was Peanut Butter Banana

1/2 cup of milk
3 heaping tbsp yogurt
1 scoop of protein powder ( I used the New Zealand one I picked up last week,
love it!)
Half a frozen banana
1 tsp hemp seeds

Now, that is sunshine in a glass if I ever saw it.

What are you going to do to enjoy the sun this weekend?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

P.S Have a question about strength training for women?  Hit up my Facebook Page and ask away for an upcoming post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails