Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Journey in Blog Photography





















You may recall, one of my resolutions was to take a course in photography.

Well, I haven't quite done that yet,  but I have been making a conscious effort to improve my skills and be more mindful in my picture taking.

I used to rely heavily on stock photos for my blog, but I realized that using them all the time really lacks that personal touch.

And we all know that even the most professional blogs are personal.


My good photog friend Christine was kind enough to offer some great tips here and here, which I have actually been referring too quite regularly as well as brushing up on my Photoshop skills (a work in progress :).

I have also been reading along with my fellow bloggers (like Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga and Allie @ Live Laugh Eat) who have been sharing their adventures in photography and some tips along the way.

Having great pictures on your blog is a fantastic way to draw people in.  It also provides a visual break for the reader and makes your posts more colourful.

Slowly, but surely, I am getting there.  I'll let you be the judge.

Here are a few photos I took last year.


















































Not bad, but they are just point and snap, without much thought put into lighting, colour and composition.


Here are a few more recent pics.


















































While not perfect, they show that I am paying more attention to light, background and the message that I am trying to get across with the image.


What do you think?  Any great picture taking tips?
How would you rate your photography skills?
 
Stay Healthy,
Tracy


P.S. Check out my delicious and colourful guest post today for the lovely Kristin @ Cook Bake Nibble! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails