Monday, April 18, 2011

PIPES Challenge, Week 5 and Sticking To Your Program

Do you find it difficult to get back into your exercise programs after a few days off (or longer)?

Maybe you were unable to workout because of sickness or injury.

Perhaps you are trying to juggle too many commitments between family and work.

Maybe it has been so long since you have done your program that you are not sure where to begin (or are no longer motivated to do so).





















Here are a few tips to help you stick with you program:

Ease Into It
If you have had an injury of have been sick, make sure that you slowly move back into exercise.  You may want to try a gentler form of fitness, such as swimming or walking, as you build your strength.

Mix it Up
You could be suffering from Workout Boredom.  Mix up your program to keep it fun and interesting.  Check out this post for some great tips.

Don't Give Up
It is easy to just throw your hands up in the air and say, "I don't have time" or "I am not reaching my goals, so why bother".

Everyone gets discouraged from time to time, but don't give up.  Talk to your family and friends for support or consult with a trainer to give you an extra push.

Now for the PIPES...










Week 4 was tough!  I have to admit that most of my pushups last week were modified, but I stuck with it and am continuing to see improvements.  I have really found that taking plenty of rest between sets is key.

I am still doing yoga on my off days to help stretch my muscles and keep me focused on my goals.

I am really looking forward to seeing the end results and continuing to read about the progress of my fellow PIPERS :)

Do you have any great tips about sticking to your fitness program?
 
Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails