Saturday, April 09, 2011

Superfoods and Fun at the Total Health Show

Yesterday, I ventured downtown to visit the Total Health Show.  This annual show features exhibits, lectures and products to help us live a more holistic lifestyle.

Here are just a few fantastic things I saw:
















I got to learn more about the Canadian Organic Growers and picked up some information about my local chapter, right here in T.O.


The sideways bottle is Cashew Butter, oops :)














Saw and tasted some delicious products that fellow bloggers have been raving about, but I have never actually seen up close.  (Hello, Macadamia Butter:)













Perhaps some opportunies to expand my education and training. ;)



















The biggest bag of chia seeds I have ever seen.















Some great lectures about our eating habits and power of greens where I learned a few things:

  • Most of use don't chew our food properly, we inhale.
  • To be a "superfood", means that it is able to sustain life.  The only real "superfoods" are leafy greens, grasses, algae and spouted seeds.
  • To get the most benefit from your greens (or any food, for that matter) is to juice them.
  • Hand juices or masticating juicers are the way to go as they retain the life force in your food.

I left with a lot of great information, much to think about and this...

















A subscription to Chatelaine magazine and new protein powder to try.  It is all natural and made with New Zealand whey (I will do a review for you in an upcoming post :)

I also scored a free yoga mat for signing up for the magazine:



















I'll leave you with my favourite quote of the evening from a great speaker named Michael Bergonzi:

"Food is a choice, not a cult.  Don't segregate people for their choices."

What are you doing this weekend? 
Have you ever been to a health
show?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails